I’m sure you know that Nordis produces and disseminates a lot of print and digital customer communications—we are on track to reach 150 million mail packages this year.
What you may not know is we have a wide range of services and capabilities, including some of the fastest continuous-feed color inkjet printers on the planet, that can help you enhance and expand your print and digital communications programs.
Some key facts and figures
- Two state-of-the-art production facilities: Coral Springs, FL and Las Vegas, NV.
- Operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- In addition to printing, we execute email and text communications, process payments, and manage proxy voting, including opening, recording and tabulating mailed ballots, for vacation resorts’ homeowner association elections.
- Print volume breakdown:
- Statements – 60%
- HOA Governance Communications – 20%
- General Customer Communications – 10%
- Direct Mail Marketing – 10%
We print a variety of documents:
- Compliance materials
- Proxies and other election materials
- Checks – MICR
- Welcome kits
- Member/loyalty cards
- Self mailers
- Saddle stitch booklets (coupon books for mortgage payments, for example)
We offer a number of printing options to suit the different types of documents:
- B&W variable inkjet
- B&W variable toner
- Color variable inkjet
- Color high-quality toner
- Inkjet for postcards or self-mailers
High-speed color inkjet changing the printing game
Toner printers still work best for high quality, thick stock or coated/glossy stock, often used for marketing materials, while regular offset stock up to 9 point is good for the inkjet printers. Certain coated and high quality stock can be run on inkjet machines if it’s approved for the specific printer by the manufacturer.
The real news these days is high-speed, continuous-feed inkjet printers that can produce materials with variable color for about the same cost as black and white. We’ve made a substantial investment in this capability, with Ricoh printers that are roll-to-sheet cut, meaning no more shells needed, and that offer dynamic inline perforating and dual engines for two-sided printing.
Additional print/mail services
We handle all of the steps after printing documents to get them ready for mailing.
- Inserting, both inline automated/intelligent inserting and offline folding
- Perfing, inline dynamic on inkjet printers or on folding machine
- Inkjetting, such as teaser line on envelopes or addresses on pre-printed postcards
- Manual fulfillment and assembly
- Inkjet and laser addressing
- Automated flats inserting
Once the mailings are packaged, we prepare them for mail distribution. Our services include:
- Commingle and pre-sort postal optimization
- In-plant load verification (USPS official works on-site at Nordis)
- Drop shipment logistics
- Match mailings
- Live stamping
Minimizing Return to Sender
Of course, some mailings, both physical and digital, don’t reach the intended customer.
To reduce return mail in the first place and save you money, we start with prevention by automatically running your data file through:
- USPS’ NCOA (National Change of Address) database to obtain updated addresses
- CASS (Coding Accuracy Support System) to standardize address data and certify that your mailing list meets automation rate specs and USPS pre-sort discounts.
- DPV® (Delivery Point Validation) to validate that a mailing address does exist and is a valid destination for a mailing.
If we identify a piece of mail as undeliverable, we scan it and update the record as returned in Expresso. We send you this information via an automated return file delivered by SFTP so that you can update your system of record. We securely dispose of all return mail pieces after the scanning process is completed.
Even with these steps, it’s impossible to fully eliminate returned mail. With Nordis’ return mail service, we put a Nordis PO Box on the envelope so returned mail comes back to our production facility. When that happens, we scan the barcode and send a file notifying you. At that point, you can reach out to your customer to get an updated address or instruct us to distribute the communication through an alternative channel, such as email.
Our state-of-the-art production operation, combined with Expresso, makes it possible for you to develop and deliver the kinds of customer communications, payments and HOA voting experiences that are critical for success in a crowded marketplace. If you’d like to learn more about ways to capitalize on our production services or capabilities, please don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.