We know you can’t always wait until the end of the day to run your report. Maybe you need to take immediate action on emails that have bounced. Or you have a boss who is running into a meeting and needs data, fast!
No worries. With the latest enhancement to Expresso’s Reports feature, you can produce custom reports on demand. Previously, reports could be scheduled to be sent only at 5:00 PM ET.
Using the Reports feature
You’ll find Reports under Report Management in the toolbar. By clicking on it, you can:
- Generate a new up-to-the-minute, custom report.
- Edit an existing report.
- Schedule a report to be produced at a future day and time.
Data entered in Expresso is available in real time and so are the reports.
Creating a report
In Reports, you’ll use the Properties tab to create the report’s name, set the schedule for release and choose export options. (See more details below). Use the Query Builder to select the data fields from the program for the information you want to display on the report. With Expresso’s report writer functionality, any data field in the data file or that is maintained within Expresso via a custom data table can be accessed for reports.
- How many records were processed today for Florida (or any state) recipients?
- How many records were sent digitally this month?
- How many statements, maintenance fee notices, pre-arrival letters went out at a particular vacation ownership location?
- How many records were rejected at a specific healthcare provider?
- How many emails bounced and/or were not opened by the recipient?
Running a report
Once you’ve chosen the report elements you want, you then make selections on scheduling and delivery. The schedule settings are in the Properties tab. They include:
- Schedule type. You decide whether to schedule recurring reports or a one-time option.
- Export options include Excel, .csv or .txt files.
- Frequency is for daily, weekly or monthly.
- Run time, now schedule for any time.
Once you have the information presented in your preferred format, you can schedule reports to automatically run and distribute to select users via SFTP or email, monthly, weekly or even daily.
Email is an option, but for reports that contain personally identifiable information (PII), we recommend using SFTP. Opt to receive the report in the SFTP folder associated with the program by simply checking the box next to ‘Output to SFTP Reports folder’. SFTP is a more secure way to transmit data.
To learn more about developing and running reports, please contact us.